16 Awesome Books For Preschoolers
In the last post, I shared 7 great reading strategies for preschoolers. In today’s post, I’ll be sharing some of our favorite books for preschoolers. We enjoy a variety of books so it was very hard for me to narrow it down to just 16 books. Since April is poetry month, let’s start off with some of our favorite poetry books.
These books are beautifully illustrated and filled with interesting information about animals in various habitats. Each page connects parent animals to their babies counting from 1-10 in a rhythmic pattern. I was introduced to these books by my mentor years ago and it still remains a favorite with my boys.
- OVER IN THE JUNGLE BY MARIANNE BERKES
- OVER IN THE MEADOW BY OLIVE WARDSWORTH
- OVER IN THE OCEAN BY MARIANNE BERKES
- OVER IN THE FOREST BY MARIANNE BERKES
- ERIC CARLE’S ANIMALS ANIMALS BEAUTIFULLY AND COLORFULLY ILLUSTRATED THIS BOOK BRINGS TO LIFE, POEMS IN DIFFERENT STYLES AND FROM DIFFERENT SOURCES RANGING FROM BIBLE VERSES TO JAPANESE HAIKU. ERIC CARLE IS ALWAYS A FAVORITE WITH PRESCHOOLERS.
- A GIRAFFE AND A HALF BY SHEL SILVERSTEIN THIS A FUNNY RHYME BOOK THAT WOULD KEEP KIDS VERY ENTERTAINED.
- THERE’S A ZOO IN ROOM 22 BY JUDY SIERRA THIS BOOK OFFERS DIFFERENT POEMS ABOUT ANIMALS, BEGINNING WITH THE LETTERS OF THE ALPHABET. SO YOU’LL MEET AMANDA ANACONDA, VINCENT THE VULTURE, YORICK THE YAK….
- AROUND THE WORLD ON EIGHTY LEGS BY AMY GIBSON IF YOU’RE READY FOR AN ANIMAL ADVENTURE THAT TAKES YOU AROUND THE WORLD TO SOUTH AMERICA, AFRICA, ASIA AND AUSTRALIA, THEN BE SURE TO GRAB THIS BOOK. CHILDREN GET INTRODUCED TO ANIMALS LIKE QUETZALS, CHINCHILLA, TAKIN AND GOANNAS ALL IN A POETRY FORMAT. MY KIDS CAN’T GET ENOUGH OF THIS BOOK.
National Geographic books are great resources for Preschoolers. It is beautifully illustrated and offers concise, accurate information for young children. It is great for beginning readers and for reading aloud. 3 D Theater books are pop-up books that are so visually appealing and engages the readers from the beginning.
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC LITTLE KIDS FIRST BIG BOOK OF SPACE
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC LITTLE KIDS FIRST BIG BOOK OF THE WORLD
- 3 D THEATER RAINFOREST
- 3 D THEATER DINOSAURS
Let’s Read and Find Out Science -Basic scientific concepts are explained in a simple way for children. Secrets of the Apple Tree and Secrets of the Seashore are shine-a-light books that are interactive.
- SUNSHINE MAKES THE SEASONS BY FRANKLYN M. BRANLEY
- CLOUDS BY ANNE ROCKWELL
- SECRETS OF THE APPLE TREE BY CARRON BROWN
- SECRETS OF THE SEASHORE BY CARRON BROWN
Hope you enjoyed some of our favorite selections. What are some of your favorite books that you read aloud to your preschooler? Please comment below.