This free preschool Printable Calendar is just awesome! This is the ideal Preschool printable calendar for learning on the go, small spaces, teachers to use in centers, individualized instruction, to supplement at home and homeschool. Best of all, the calendar and all the parts fit into a file folder, making this super versatile and interactive.
Over the years, I’ve used many versions of calendars. As a teacher, I’ve had a whole bulletin board dedicated to it. Then as a parent, I’ve used tri-folds, charts and wooden calendars. As much as I’ve loved using all the various types of calendars, I began wanting a calendar that was compact. I wanted a calendar that’d fit into a drawer. A calendar that was easy to grab and take on the go for my 4-year-old. Especially something to keep him engaged while waiting for big brother to finish an extracurricular activity.
BENEFITS OF USING A CALENDAR WITH KIDS
A calendar is a wonderful learning tool for kids. It teaches many concepts and skills like:
- Number Sense
- Language arts
- Social Studies
- Place value
- Time Concepts and much more
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE FREE PRESCHOOL PRINTABLE CALENDAR PACK?
- Calendar Template
- Numbers for Calendar
- Weather Cards
- Season Cards
- Calendar facts
- Place Value Chart
- Days of the Week
- Months of the Year
- Tally Box
- Holiday & Birthday Symbols
HOW TO PREPARE THE FREE PRESCHOOL PRINTABLE CALENDAR IN A FILE FOLDER?
- Print out Calendar Printables.
- Laminate all the printables.
- Cut out all the needed parts like numbers, seasons etc.
- Tape the cover page in the front of the file folder. (above picture)
- In the inside top part, tape the calendar template.
- Place Velcro dots on the Calendar template, dates, month (above the calendar), year.
- Tape the “Today is, yesterday was and tomorrow will be” box, the calendar facts, and place value chart on the inside bottom part of the file folder. In the remaining space, attach tally box, season and weather. (see the first picture)
- On the back of the folder, attach the months of the year and days of the week charts. (see picture below)
- Save the remaining pieces in a ziplock bag or small case. Add a dry erase marker to the bag. Secure the bag with a clip and attach to the file folder.
- File Folder
- Laminator (or have it laminated)
- velcro and tape
- Dry erase marker
- A ziplock bag
HELPFUL POINTS TO INCLUDE AS YOU USE THE CALENDAR WITH YOUR CHILD
- Teach Days of the Week and Months of the Year with songs
- Print 2 copies of the Days of the Week and Months of the Year- Cut one copy of each apart and have kids match the cut parts to the chart or sequence the days and months in order.
- Talk about what today is-“Today is Monday, January 1, 2108.” Continue with Yesterday and Tomorrow.
- Use before and after with dates. Today is the 5th, what was yesterday? What will tomorrow be?
- Have the child put dates up each day.
- Discuss the season and the weather. What would be appropriate clothing for this particular weather?
- Talk about the child’s birthday. “How many more days until your birthday?”
- Teach the poem about the number of days in a month.
30 Days hath September,
April, June and November
All the rest have 31,
except February which has 28,
until Leap Year gives it 29
The file folder free preschool printable calendar is interactive, engaging and teaches many skills.