There’s something so magical about the Christmas Season. The holiday lights that sparkle and adorn many homes, trees decorated with precious ornaments, the celebratory, festive moods and families getting together all to celebrate the birth of the Savior is just truly special. Every year during this time, we do a lot of crafts. Here are some crafts that we did together this year. The materials that we used mostly came from the dollar store or Michaels.
1) DIY KID WREATHS
This is such a simple project for the kids and it looks good without creating a whole lot of mess.
- Green Wreaths
- Assorted flowers and berries
- Ribbons (we ended up not using ours)
- Animal picks
The boys placed the flowers, berries and ornaments in any format they wished on the wreath. Everything was just inserted and the ornaments were just tied around the needles. I just had to go over it and make sure it was inserted fully. These wreaths adorn our mantle and our entryway.
Each year the boys add their personal touches to our Christmas Tree. We’ve made bead stars, frame ornaments etc. This year, they wanted to paint ornaments.
- Ceramic ornaments
- Paint brush
The kit came with paint already but I gave them more color options as well. Simply had them paint and waited for the ornaments to dry.
3) REINDEER AND SNOWMAN CRAFT
- Black construction paper
- Cotton balls
- Googly/wiggly eyes
- Carrot (Merry Minis packet from Michaels)
- Black pom poms
- Pipe cleaners (red and silver)
1) Draw the body of a snowman (1 small circle above 2 medium circles vertically).
2) Pull and stretch the cotton balls and have child pour small amounts of glue on the paper and then place the stretched cotton balls on it.
3) Glue silver pipe cleaners for arms and cut a small one for the mouth.
4) Glue buttons and eyes (black pom poms), carrot for the nose.
5) Bend the red pipe cleaner glue it around the neck.
* You can paste the project onto a canvas for a cute winter display.
- Brown paper
- Large googly/wiggly eyes
- Red and yellow pom poms
- Gold pipe cleaners
1) Cut out an outline of a reindeer face from brown paper
2) Glue it onto white paper
3) Glue the eyes and the antlers
4) Glue yellow pom poms for the ears and 2 red pom poms for the nose.